WGRF Bi Annual Conference
Every second year the Federation holds, on a rotating basis an International Conference in one of the member countries. The Conference takes the form of public lectures and discussions on matters of interest and concern to members.
The Programme for the 2003 International Conference in Ireland included the following subject matters:
- Current issues in Drugs and Drug Testing worldwide.
- Breeding matters ---The four steps to Breeding Success- Progesterone testing; Culture and sensitivity testing; Semen Analysis and Insemination technique.
- DNA Testing.
- Current Research on Racing Greyhounds and Veterinary Medical information for the greyhound owner, trainer and breeder.
- Greyhound racing and Technology-Micro chipping and Plasma.
- Protecting the Canine Athlete.
- Greyhound Welfare and Adoption Programmes.
- Grading Systems worldwide.
- Marketing Forum - Finding new markets and Customers.
- The Spread of greyhound racing across the globe.
- National issues and Perspectives.
- Betting Systems.
- Globalisation of greyhound racing - Technical advances in the Greyhound Industry.
The WGRF have held major conferences in recent years as follows:
2009 Las Vegas - March 22-24 in Las Vegas
2007 Melbourne - September 2007 in Melbourne
2005 Miami - October 19-22 in Miami
2003 Cork - Officially opened by the Irish Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism, Mr.John O'Donoghue T.D.
2001 Sydney - Officially opened by the NSW. Minister for The Hon. Richard Face.MP.
1998 London - Officially opened by the British Minister For Sport Mr.Jack Straw MP.
1996 Tucson - In association with the University of Arizona and the American Greyhound Track Operators Association.
1994 Dublin - Officially opened by the Irish Government Minister for Agriculture Mr.J.Walsh TD.
1992 Sydney - Officially opened by the Minister for the Arts, Sport, the Environment, Tourism and Territories Ms. RJ Kelly
1990 London - Under the patronage of H.R.H. The Prince Edward
WGRF Governing Council
The Governing Council of the WGRF is responsible for all the executive decisions affecting the work of the Federation. Membership consists of representatives of all affiliated countries.
The Governing Council holds it Annual General in a member country each year.
The Governing Council elects the President of the WGRF.
WGRF Governing Council Meeting Venues
1995 - London, UK
1997 - Casablanca, Morocco
1999 - Dubai, UAE
2002 - Macau
2004 - Stockholm
Special Greyhound Events
The following events are listed as information only and represent significant events from different global jurisdictions associated with the WGRF. These events are wholly conducted by the host countries and a listing below should not be considered as WGRF endorsement or otherwise.
- Greyhound Night of Stars (USA)
- English Derby (UK)
- Irish Derby (Ire)
- International Top Gun (Australia)